Monday, May 08, 2006

Poem

This is an other poem I wrote. (Yes I know that I need to get an other life besides writting stuff, but I like writing so there :b)

The Trees
By:Noelle Pruitt

What do you think of when you see a tree?
I think of my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Why?
Because we always have room to grow.

What are the larger trees?
They are those who are wise and strong in the faith.

What about the littler trees?
Those are the ones who are young and untested. Pray for those.

What about the trees that are bare and have no leaves?
Those are the ones that have bo fruit. Who believe but never flurish.

What about the ones that have flowers?
Those are the ones that have gone before us, and now light our way with their bright colors.

If we are trees, what are squirells?
They are poeple that test our paitence with their ceaseless chater!

What about the wind?
thos who would have us bend and never grow. Those who would try to uproot us us and knock us down.

What about the birds?
Birds are angels, sining out for God's glory and cheering us on sky ward.

If we are trees, then what is God?
God is the Sky, big and beautiful. Giving us water to drink and sun so we can grow. God is the sky because we could never reach him ain a million years without Jesus.

One last question, what are the trees with all the little pods on them?
Those are the ones planting God's word into the hearts of others.


The image “http://www.ruthsanderson.com/atwork/enchanted_tree.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

3 comments:

Beccah said...

WOW! That is really good. Both poetically and also theologically. Excellent job Noelle.

Anonymous said...

I really like your poetry. I also like squirrels. Yes they chatter and they eat out of Grandpa's bird feeders and now they want to dig holes in my flower planters. But God put them on the earth for a reason and I enjoy watching them and the way they overcome so many challanges.

Now spiders and cockroaches are another story. That's one of the questions I want to ask when I get to heaven. Why spiders and cockroaches.

I love you and keep on writing.

Grandma

Anonymous said...

WOW noelle! that is an awesome poem. I never thought of my christian life like that. it really makes me think. thats another reason i should run the squirrels away from our yard, and pray for rain and sun. you did awesome. i wanna see someother great poems!