Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Story

Just to warn you people, I wrote this story fr my little sister Elaine who likes me to tell her stories and since I hadn't blogged in a while i thoughted I'd put on here. Please don't kill me because it so cheesey!!!!

P.s. this story has no name yet. If you have any idea leave a comment.

P.S.S Sorry for all the spelling and grammar mistakes.

Chapter 1


"Please everyone pick a partner to do the tour with!!" Ms. Jane Whatson practally had to yell at the top of her lungs to be heard of the din of all the teenagers. "Make sure at least one of you has a watch and that your back here at four. That should give you plenty of time to see all the art work!!"

I looked around at all the other kids. Being the new kid in town was not going well so far. No one had as much as said hi to me in the hall since I moved here last week. I guess I'm not really friendly looking. I wear alot of black, not that I'm goth or anything, I just like darker colors. I guessI always have a book in m hand too. and I guess the list just keps going on and on. I'm not very approchable person.

"Miss Aster?" Ms. Whatson interupted my thoughts. I looked up to acknowledge her pressence.

"Could you not find a partner?" She asked in her regularly cheerful voice.

I nodded.

"Let me help you find one." Ms. Whatson is a nice person. She treats everyone the same; she doesn't just pass you over because your new or geeky looking or just different. She was nice.

"Oh, look there's a threesome. I'll see if I can get them to go with you." She walked over to Troy, Bob, and James, the three jocks of the school who were as stuffed up , in my mind, as a teddy bear.They seemed to be argueing with Ms. Whatson. Bored, I openned up my paplet which some one had given me at the entranc.

"Hey." Bob said walking over with us buddies. (Or was it Troy?)

"you can come with us." One of them asked me. I studied their faces, Ms. Whatson was making them ask. Oh well, never say die.

"Sure." My voice cracked.

"Ok, Let's go!" Bob/James/Troy said.

The art was actually pretty cool. Huge Dragons carved out of stone. They were awsome just to sit and look at. In the paplet it directed you to all over the dragons so that you wouldn't get lost. Not only was the art cool but also the surrondings were as well. The dragons were in a garden. The different moods of the dragons matched the color of the flowers in that section: Two dragons struggling in an epic battle had red (almost black) roses, a peaceful sleeping dragon had wild flowers, parent dragons sitting over a egg hatching had different shades of yellow and orange mary golds.

"Hey look at this one!" Bob called out. After over an hour with the boys I had finally figured out who was who. Bon had a jokey personallity and had brown hair with brown and was somewhat tan.

"What?" Troyed said walking over to were Bob was standing. Troy had blonde hair and blue eyes and was probably the most acidemic of the three. But I knew he would do anything the other two did.

"A Dragon!!!!" Bon said pointing dramatically.

"Uh Bob?" James said while running his fingers through his jet back hair. his green eyes were bored. "There's dragons every where."

"The one I'm pointing at!" Bob yelled exsaparated.

I looked. The dragon that Bob was looking at was a little hatchingly playing playing. It was on its hind legs, like it was jumping and trying to catch something. blue star shaped flowers gave the scene a careful looke. (Very different from the dragons trying to rip eachother throats out.)

"Awe!" Troy exclaimed imitating one of the girls in our class. "Its so cute!!!"

"i like these flowers." James said leaning over to get a better look at them.

Bob pulled a face. "i never thought I'd see the day James liked flowers."

"hey," Troy stood up for his other freind. "Their pretty.

"Not you TOO!!"

"I wonder what type they are?' James wondered a loud, ignoring them them both.

"No idea." Troy said starting to move on.

"Asters." I said before I could check myself.

"Are you sure?" Troy said amazed that I knew what a flower was much less its name.

"Its my name." I coldly reminded him. "Its on almost everything I own. I think I would know what it looks like."

"Good point." James said as if he just sat on a tack. "Is that what type of flower is on your necklace?"

I rolled my eyes, nodded, and then moved onto the next dragon.

This one was probably the strangest dragon yet. It was a large male dragon and it seemed to be trying to look magestic , he seemed so sad. As if someone or thing needed him to be strog. He looked like he had lost something dear to him. He almost looked like he was crying or something.
"Dude. He looks sad." Troy said walking up.

"i wonder why."

"Bob?"

" Yeah?"

"Its stone. Its not alive."

"Oh."

I shook my head. I had been staring at this one too long. It almost seemed like it was moving.

"Uh, guys?"

"What Bob?" James seemed annoyed. It had been a long day and he was eager to move on.

"Are you sure dragons aren't real?"

"Bob don't be rediculus!!" James said absolutelt exsasperated.

"But are you sure?"

"Why?"

"I could have sworn that one just blinked."

Hope you liked it!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

tell me more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
please?????????????????




ee

pruittcommunications said...

I suggest you name it:

Blinked

Beccah said...

This is a great story. I really like how you don't start in the narative right away and then ease into it. I also like how your discriptions are limited when they need to be (the boys), and full of flourish when it calls for it (the dragons). I think it's really interesting, and I want you to write more please.

Julia said...

I like it!

bex said...

I love it Noelle!! I want to hear more!!!!