Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Random Quotes From movies I like

Harry potter and the Goblet of Fire

Sirius Black: [in his letter] "Harry, I couldn't risk sending Hedwig. Since the World Cup the Ministry has been intercepting more and more owls, and she's too easily recognized. We need to talk, Harry, face to face. Meet me in the Gryffindor Common Room at one o'clock, this Saturday night. And make sure you're alone. Sirius. P.S..."
[the bird bites Harry's hand]
Harry: AH!
Sirius Black: "The bird bites."

[Ron has to dance with Professor McGonagall]
Harry: [leaning back to talk to Fred and George] you're not gonna let him forget this are you?
Fred, George: [leaning forward] Never.

Seamus: It's not like I *try* to blow things up, exactly, it just sorta happens. You gotta admit though, fire is fascinating. (me:I like this one the best)


Professor McGonagall: Professor Moody! Is that a student?
Professor Moody: Technically, it's a ferret

Dumbledore: [to Harry] I never liked these curtains. I set them on fire in my fourth year. Accidentally, of course.

Professor McGonagall: Now, Mr. Weasley, place your right hand on my waist.
Ron: Where?

Professor McGonagall: The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded respect in the wizarding world for nearly 10 centuries, and I will not have you besmirching it in one night by acting like a babbling, bumbling bunch of baboons.
Fred: [whispering to George] Try saying that five times fast.
George: [whispering] Babbling, bumbling band of baboons.
Fred: [whispering] Babbling, bumbling band of baboons.


Much Ado about nothing

Benedick: O God, sir, here's a dish I love not. I cannot endure my lady Tongue.


Beatrice: I wonder that you will still be talking, Signior Benedick: nobody marks you.
Benedick: What, my dear Lady Disdain! are you yet living?
Beatrice: Is it possible disdain should die while she hath such meet food to feed it as Signior Benedick? Courtesy itself must convert to disdain, if you come in her presence.
Benedick: Then is courtesy a turncoat. But it is certain I am loved of all ladies, only you excepted: and I would I could find in my heart that I had not a hard heart; for, truly, I love none.
Beatrice: A dear happiness to women: they would else have been troubled with a pernicious suitor. I thank God and my cold blood, I am of your humour for that: I had rather hear my dog bark at a crow than a man swear he loves me.
Benedick: God keep your ladyship still in that mind! so some gentleman or other shall 'scape a predestinate scratched face.
Beatrice: Scratching could not make it worse, an 'twere such a face as yours were.
Benedick: Well, you are a rare parrot-teacher.
Beatrice: A bird of my tongue is better than a beast of yours.
Benedick: I would my horse had the speed of your tongue, and so good a continuer. But keep your way, i' God's name; I have done.
Beatrice: You always end with a jade's trick: I know you of old.
Benedick: I would my horse had the speed of your tongue.

Benedick: Shall quips and sentences and these paper bullets of the brain awe a man from the career of his humor? No. The world must be peopled!

Beatrice: Against my will, I am sent to bid you come into dinner.
Benedick: Fair Beatrice, thank you for your pains.
Beatrice: I took no more pains for those thanks than you take pains to thank me. If it had been painful, I would not have come.
Benedick: You take pleasure then in the message?
Beatrice: Yea, just so much as you may take upon a knife's point. You have no stomach, signor? Fare you well.
Benedick: Ha. "Against my will I am sent to bid you come into dinner." There's a double meaning in that.

Benedick: Do not you love me?
Beatrice: Why no; no more than reason.
Benedick: Why then your uncle, the Prince and Claudio have been deceived; they swore you did.
Beatrice: Do not you love me?
Benedick: Why no; no more than reason.
Beatrice: Why then my cousin, Margaret and Ursula are much deceived, for they did swear you did.
Benedick: They swore you were almost sick for me.
Beatrice: They swore you were well-nigh dead for me.
Benedick: 'Tis no such matter. Then you do not love me?
Beatrice: No, truly, but in friendly recompense.


Beauty and the Beast

Lumiere: [trying to prepare the Beast for his dinner with Belle] There you are! You look so... o...
Beast: [fur done up in curls and bows] Stupid.

Gaston: Lefou, I'm afraid I've been thinking...
Lefou: A dangerous pastime.
Gaston: I know.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are a lot of quotes!

Julia said...

that was funny when the bird bit harry!

Beccah said...

Three of my favorite movies! Cool.